Blackboard Alert and Notification System
The Tenafly Public Schools implemented Blackboard as its primary system to send notifications and emergency alerts.
- Notifications share general information with Tenafly Public School families, including fundraisers, upcoming events, reminders, and general administrative communications.
- Emergency Alerts inform parents/caregivers of important and time-sensitive information related to unplanned changes in schedules, school closings, and significant events.
Notifications allow you to specify/select delivery options.
- Voice Text Email App
Emergency Alerts go out to all contact communications on record for all related parents/caregivers, regardless of the chosen medium.
To Setup Notification Preferences
- Go to Blackboard parentlink (https://tenafly.parentlink.net/).
- Sign in using your school username (typcially your school email id or first initial last name) and password.
- Click on Account at the top right of the screen. Your profile will appear.
- Update the non-primary contact information and delivery preferences as necessary. Verify the Delivery addresses (home phone, cell phone, email) and associated delivery preferences (App/text/phone/email) for each alert type.
NOTE: You can only modify information labeled 'User Defined'. Primary information is imported from Genesis and will override any changes made within Parentlink. If you require changes to primary information, please contact your school's secretary.
Important: Emergency alerts override all delivery options.
- Remember to click SAVE.